The three people, including an 18 and 16 year old, were pronounced dead at the scene
Three people die in huge car fire after horror crash as police arrest four teenagers

Emergency services were called to the A309 near St Ive on Tuesday night to a car off the road that was on fire, in which three people were pronounced dead at the scene

Three people including two male teenagers aged 18 and 16 were killed in a crash late last night, as officers made four arrests.

Emergency services were called to the A390 near St Ive, Liskeard in Cornwall, at around 11.50pm on Tuesday night to the car which had left the road and was alight.

The three occupants - the two teenagers and a 30-year-old man - were declared dead at the scene.

Formal identification is yet to take place but Cornwall Police confirmed their next of kin have been informed, and were being supported by specially trained officers.

Four teenagers, two boys and two girls, from Liskeard, have been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and remain in police custody.
Investigations into the incident are ongoing 

Sergeant Tina Green said: “Our thoughts are with the families and friends of those who lost their lives and our investigation remains ongoing to understand the full circumstances of how this tragic incident occurred.

“Whilst our enquiries are ongoing there will be an increased police presence in the area of the collision and in the wider Liskeard area.

“I would encourage anyone with information which might assist police and anyone who was travelling in the area and may have relevant dash-cam footage to report it to us.

“We are aware of some comments and speculation on social media and I would remind the public that there is a live and active police investigation in relation to this incident and therefore please refrain from speculating about the nature of the incident and those involved.

“If you see any social media commentary that you feel may assist our investigation, please report that to us also.”

The road was closed to allow a full police investigation to take place at the scene and the road closure has now been handed to Highways and is expected to reopen later tonight.